Everyone who loves grilled food loves the taste of gas or charcoal-cooked food. However, getting traditional charcoal or gas grills started up and ready to use can be inconvenient. You have to make sure you’re fully stocked up on big bags of charcoal for charcoal grills or that you’ve refilled your gas tank. Sometimes, it feels like it would be nice just to be ready to go without worrying about a fuel source to heat your cooking area.
Short on Time? Here are Our Top Three Electric Grills
Cuisinart Gr 5 in 1 Griddler Best for Versatility
George Foreman Four Serving Best Values
Kenyon Floridian Best for Indoor Or Outdoor
Electric grills are hugely popular because using an electric heat source means that you don’t have to purchase it separately.
But how do you figure out what the best grills are? You want the best electric grill for your cooking style, but it can be hard to choose!
We have compiled a list of the best indoor electric grills, the top 10 best grills for any situation.back to menu ↑
|Electric grill||Cooking space||Material||Weight||Review|
|Cuisinart- Best for Versatility||143 sq inch||Stainless Steel||8 Pounds||Check Price|
|George Foreman Four Serving- best value||60 sq inch||Nonstick||6.55 Pounds||Check Price|
|Kenyon Floridian- Best indoor/outdoor||155 sq inch||Stainless Steel||32.4 pounds||Check Price|
|Weber- The best name brand||280 sq inch||Aluminum||41 Pounds||Check Price|
|Char-Broil- Best for large groups||320 sq inch||Porcelain||45.8 pounds||Check Price|
|Techwood- Best Tabletop||240 sq inch||Electric Barbecue Grill||12.3 Pounds||Check Price|
|Zojirushi- Best for easy use||280 sq inch||Nonstick||11.31 pounds||Check Price|
|Breville- Best for features||224 sq inch||Stainless Steel||18.9 pounds||Check Price|
|Hamilton Beach- Best for small spaces||192 sq inch||Plastic||8.15 Pounds||Check Price|
|Philips Smoke Less- Best for charcoal imitation||336 sq inch||Plastic||15.66 Pounds||Check Price|
The 10 Best Electric Grills of 2020: Detailed Reviews
This grill and griddle combination is one of the most versatile electric grill tools available. This is the best grill for the person looking to get the most out of every meal every time they cook.
For people who like a lot of variety in what they cook day in and day out, this is definitely the grill to do that with.
This smokeless electric grill griddle comes with the option to be a contact grill, a panini press, a half grill, half griddle, a full grill, or a full griddle. As an indoor electric grill, you can cook anything you could ever think of and then some with this a grill and griddle all in one. The Cuisinart GR is all about versatility with respect to indoor grills.
- A high capacity integrated drip tray
- Dual temperature control so you can set either side for a different type of food
- Stainless steel housing
- Multiple uses for multiple dishes to cook
- Easy to use
- Fully reversible and fully removable non-stick griddle and grill plates
The <strong>Cuisinart Gr 5 in 1 Griddler</strong> is one of the best you can use for great versatility while you cook. This is one of the best smokeless grills for the person who wants as many options as they can possibly have when it comes to cooking. For the price of this grill, you get a whole lot of indoor grill that is unlike any of the other indoor grills on this list. Having this indoor electric grill is like having five completely different cooking devices in your kitchen all at the same time!
- The drip tray is removable for easy cleaning
- Multiple configuration options
- Three different methods of temperature control
- Multiple Dishwasher safe pieces
- Removable plates
- Flat cooking surface and an integrated drip tray don’t encourage easy draining to keep grease away from your food
George Foreman grills are a leading name in electric grills. The George Foreman indoor line includes everything from a panini press to portable cooking options.
A list of the top 10 best electric grills would not be complete without this electric indoor grill.
The George Foreman 4 serving removable plate grill is exceptional because of its removable plates that allow this indoor electric grill to safely go through your dishwasher and help you clean up the kitchen after cooking faster than ever before.
The George Foreman 4 Serving Removable Plate grill is among the best electric grills on the market if the reviews are to be believed. It is a competitor with other contact grills, open grills, any panini press, or even an outdoor grill.
- Contact grilling capabilities
- Grills best for beginners- No cooking lessons required!
- Median price point
- Removable and dishwasher safe grilling surface for no-fuss cleaning
- Indicator lights to properly heat and time whatever you’re cooking
- Large cooking space- easily accommodates up to four servings
- Included drip tray
If your biggest requirement for the perfect electric grill is value for the price, then out of all other indoor grills, this is the one for you. For the price you pay, you get the George Foreman name. This product has a great reputation no matter what you're cooking, and still a significant amount of cooking space despite it being smaller than some of its other competitors on this list.
- Best value for its price
- Removable and dishwasher safe grill plates mean easy cleanup
- Has the same fat and oil draining features you have come to expect from a GeorgeForeman grill
- This does not grill best for large groups since it only supports four servings
- This grill only turns on when plugged on and only shuts off when unplugged; there is no switch to control this
3. Kenyon B70082 Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill – The Best for Indoor Or Outdoor
You may ask what makes this electric grill an all seasons grill. It is the fact that it can be used just as well inside as it can be outside. This indoor outdoor electric grill may be smaller than some of its competitors, but that hasn’t stopped it from performing just as well compared to bigger electric grills. This indoor-outdoor grill makes cooking in any location a breeze!
- 155 square inches of cooking space
- Stainless steel construction
- Capability to be used indoors as well as outdoors
- Tabletop use
- Non-stick plates
- Additional accessories can easily be purchased
The <strong>Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill</strong> is easy to use, easy to clean, and easy to move to wherever you plan to be cooking. This indoor outdoor electric grill may not be the largest electric grill included here, but what it lacks in square inches of cooking space, it makes up for in ease of use and portability. If looking for an electric bbq grill that promises not to let you down, you need to look no further than the Floridian All Seasons indoor outdoor grill.
- The heating element is in direct contact with the cooking surface for quicker pre-heating- This indoor grill can reach 600 degrees Fahrenheit in 10 minutes!
- The heating element is concealed by an insulated lid to produce minimal smoke while cooking
- Non-stick surfaces mean that it’s easy to clean
- No residual heat on the sides or bottom of the unit so it can safely be placed on any sturdy surface.
- Not ideal for cooking for large groups; its size means it can cook about three to four servings at one time
The Weber 55020001 q 2400 is an electric bbq grill from a brand typically known for making the best gas grills. This brand also journeys into the realm of electric grills. If you find yourself wanting a grill with superior electric power from a brand you already know and trust, Weber might be the right path for you to be on! Enjoy this state of the art grill in your own kitchen in no time!
- Grilling surface of 280 inches
- A six-foot grounded cord
- Fully assembled out of the box
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- A cast aluminum lid and body
- An infinite control burner valve
From the brand that has typically brought you the best gas grills, it's time to check out this brand's foray into the world of the best electric grills. The Q 2400 Electric Grill is great for condos, patios, and everything in between!
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron is easy to clean
- Large cooking area
- A grounded cord means you can use this as an indoor or outdoor electric grill
- Cast aluminum construction means longevity with no rust!
- Reviews have mentioned that the heating element doesn’t have as long of a lifespan as some other electric grills
This infrared electric patio bistro has a lot of space for a lot of food. This is one of the best outdoor electric grills. With 320 square inches of cooking space plus an additional 120 inches with the included warming rack, you have all the room you could ever need for your next outdoor barbecue.
The Tru Infrared Electric grill runs on infrared cooking technology, which means you get even, consistent heat and, therefore, evenly cooked food every time.
The Char-Broil Tru infrared grills best outdoors, making it one of the best outdoor electric grills for your next cookout.
- 320 square inch cooking surface, 120 square inch warming rack
- Porcelain-coated grates
- A removable warming rack
- An easy temperature control knob
- Folding shelves for compact storage
- Materials that are rust-resistant
The Char-Broil Tru Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill grills best outdoors and is one of the best electric grills for its size, flexibility, and 320 inches of cooking surface. This is the best outdoor electric grill for large parties or gatherings and can put traditional charcoal grills to shame.
- Easy assembly
- Porcelain coating is non-stick and easy to clean
- The removable warming rack can be used for wither keeping food warm or for indirect cooking
- Infrared technology means evenly cooked food!
- Long power cord for flexibility
- Not intended for the frequent griller. Overuse may lead to it losing some of its heating power
This is the best outdoor electric grill for cooking a lot of food all at one time, with a handy rack for keeping food warm! This is a portable electric grill, so you can take it with you and use it wherever there’s an outlet! It is compact, so it should fit well on nearly any surface! With its sleek design and cooking power, this grill has all the potential to make your grilling dreams come true!
- 240 square inches of cooking space
- The ability to cook for up to 15 people
- A venting system in the lid for dissipating heat without sacrificing moisture in the food
- a 60-inch power cord
- Easy Assembly
This portable electric grill has a large (240 sq inch) cooking surface, great portability, and easy to follow assembly instructions. If you want the ability to grill outside for large groups of people, this may be the best electric grill for you.
- Assembly instructions are easy to read
- Can cook for large groups with 240 sq inches of space
- This grill may be portable, but it still needs to be plugged in. This electric grill is not ideal for locations without an available outlet
This is one of the best indoor electric grills for the customer looking for something simple to use, simple to clean, and simple to understand. The Zojirushi is the best grill for anyone who wants the most straightforward cooking experience without having to remove and replace grill plates. This die-cast aluminum electric power smokeless grill is the best choice for simplicity without having to compromise in features. This may be the best indoor electric grill for you!
- Die-cast aluminum construction
- A unique design that drains oil and fat as food is cooking
- Handles that are cool to the touch for ease of movement
- A temperature range of 176 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit
- Temperature control knob for heat management
If you are looking for a smokeless indoor grill that grills best under simple, no-fuss conditions, then this is the grill for you. You have total control over the heat, which is important in indoor electric grills. You can be on easy street with this super simple electric cooking machine!
- Grill pan for drips is dishwasher safe
- Non-stick surfaces
- Simple to use
- Drains oil and fat while cooking food
- Can be cooking up to four servings at a time
- Higher price than some of its competitors
- No power button- this grill must be plugged in to be used and unplugged to be shut off
If the price is less of a concern for you than features, then this is the grill for you. Some people love to have items that have the most features possible, and this one has features that are present in other grills on this list, but it combines them together until this grill is almost like an amalgamation of every grill you’ve read about here.
- A timer with a digital display- You won’t ever overcook a dish with this grill!
- A temperature range of 310 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit to perfectly cook any food you can think of
- A searing option
- Grill plates that are both removable and dishwasher safe
- A panini function to accommodate even more meals than just a regular grill
While it may be the most expensive grill on our list, this device is jam-packed with features that make it a dream to use for the more experienced grill master or for the cook that wants as much for their money as possible. If you like features, this is the best electric grill for you!
- A large amount of features makes it worth the price and then some
- Heats up quickly and evenly
- Simple to clean
- This is the most expensive item on our list
- This grill was not designed for beginners. The Breville
- Smart Grill was designed with more experienced users in mind
This Hamilton Beach electric indoor smokeless grill may seem small, but don’t let its size fool you; this smokeless electric grill packs a powerful punch and can keep up with its larger competition. The Hamilton Beach electric indoor searing grill provides a compact cooking surface that is ideal for apartments and small kitchens.
- A lid with a viewing window
- Simple to clean, removable non-stick plates
- Stainless steel
- An extra-large, dishwasher safe drip tray
- A reasonable price
- Adjustable temperature settings for accurate heat control
- A temperature range of 200 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
This<strong> Hamilton Beach</strong> product is the best choice for someone looking for serious indoor grilling power without sacrificing much space. Fish and other delicate food items should cook best on the lower heat setting of this electric unit, while steak and other heartier food is going to cook best on its higher heat setting. If you want something that is compact, efficient and makes enough for just one or two, this easy to use device is the one for you!
- Most of its removable pieces, including the non-stick plates, are dishwasher safe
- The temperature options are easy to adjust, so you make sure that you are cooking your food at the most optimal temperature to get that flavor you really want.
- Being able to monitor what you’re grilling through the glass window in the locking lid means that the juices stay locked in, and your food won’t dry out because you had to remove the cover to check on the grilling process
- This is ideal for a smaller cooking space but is not recommended for those who plan to use it for cooking for large amounts of people
Even in something electric, we can find ourselves yearning for the unique taste and smell of food cooking over charcoal.
- Infrared technology for even grilling no matter what you’re cooking
- A wide range of temperature settings
- Non-slip feet for control on any flat surface
- Your food can have that classic charcoal taste and feel without the smoke
- An included grease catcher
- Adjustable heat control
- Temperature controlled at an even 446 degrees Fahrenheit
The unit is perfect for anyone trying to capture that amazing grilling smell and taste of real charcoal without ever actually using it.
- Pre-heats fast
- Infrared technology means constant heating
- Easy to set up and use
- Not as portable as some of its competitors
- Some smoke is produced during the cooking process, but at safe enough levels to still be used inside
- It is more expensive when compared to other similar products
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Clean My Grill?
Since there are many different types of electric grills on this list, there is more than one answer to this question.
The general guidelines that can apply to every electric grill on this list are:
- Be sure the grill has cooled down before attempting to clean it. Give it about 45 minutes to cool down, so you don’t burn yourself trying to clean up
- Some types of food can leave behind residue. If there is a lot of cooked-on food, use a wooden or plastic spatula to scrape it off.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive chemicals or any cleaners with alcohol to clean any of the parts. Products like this can damage the finish of your cooking surface and shorten the life of your grill
If your grill comes with parts that are safe to put in the dishwasher, read the instructions carefully, and make sure you only machine wash the parts that are meant to be passed as such.
If your grill does not have dishwasher safe parts, use a soft cloth with warm water and soap, making sure not to completely submerge any parts of the grill into the water.
What Can I Cook on an Electric Grill?
It depends on which grill you end up with. The higher the temperature, the less delicate the food should be. Lower temperatures are more ideal for things like fish and chicken, while higher heats are intended for burgers and steaks. What you can cook depends on what kind of temperature range the grill has.
Where Can I Buy One?
Most can be found online, where you can also check out some of the reviews we used to create this list of the 10 best indoor grills.back to menu ↑
Now that you know what the best options available to you are, you can go forth and start shopping!
Hopefully, this list has provided some clarity to overcome that overwhelming feeling that pops up whenever you see just how many options you have.
We hope you enjoy using your new grill!