Grilling is a classic American pastime. The thought of it alone conjures up images of warm summer nights and fireflies while the smell of dinner cooking on the grill fills the air.
An outdoor grill is great, like gas grills or charcoal grills, but an outdoor grill is only especially useful when the weather permits its easy use. Some people don’t mind grilling in the rain, but for those who would like the option to stay dry but still grill any day of the year, what options do they have?
Check Out the Top Three if You’re Short On Time
Hamilton Beach 25361 Best for Small Spaces
Cuisinart Gr 4n 5 in 1 Griddler Best for Versatility
George Foreman 4 Serving Removable Plate Best Values
What Should You Look for in an Electric Indoor Grill?
When selecting your new grill, there are many features to look for, and they all vary on what you plan to use it for. What kind of heating element are you most comfortable using? How big of a cooking area do you need? What kind of different foods do you plan to be cooking? What kind of reviews does it have online? How important at easy to clean cooking surfaces?
Once you then factor in the price you’re prepared to pay for your new grill and where you plan to use it most, it is time to start checking the internet for the grill that matches up the closest with what you have decided you want most.
But how to sort through a sea of reviews and tell which ones are reliable based on the specs provided by the makers of the grills themselves?
We have taken it upon ourselves to sift through some of these reviews and specs to make the selection process easy for you!back to menu ↑
|Indoor Grills||Cooking Space||Weight||Review|
|Hamilton Beach – The Best For Small Spaces||192 sq in||8.14 Pounds||Check Price|
|Cuisinart Gr 5 in 1 – The Best for Versatility||143 sq in||8 Pounds||Check Price|
|George Foreman 4 Serving Removable Plate – The Best Value for Price||60 sq in||6.55 Pounds||Check Price|
|The Delonghi – The Best for Cooking for a Family||247 sq in||10.8 Pounds||Check Price|
|Philips Indoor BBQ grill – The Best for Real Charcoal Taste||336 sq in||13.6 pounds||Check Price|
|T-Fal Optigrill – Best for Thicker Cuts of Meat||182 sq in||11.6 Pounds||Check Price|
|Chefmaster Stove Smokeless – Best for Non-Electric||13 inches||1 pounds||Check Price|
|Gotham Steel Smokeless Electric Grill – The Best for Nonstick||126 sq in||9.28 pounds||Check Price|
|Zojirushi – Best for Simplicity||280 sq in||10 Pounds||Check Price|
|Power XL SMokeless – Best Overall||315 sq in||15.47 Pounds||Check Price|
The Best Indoor Grills of 2020
To create a list of the best indoor grills of 2020, we have compiled information, sorted through endless reviews of said indoor electric grills, and found the 10 best indoor grills.
We are so pleased to bring you the 2020 list of the best indoor grills, according to reviewers.
We have included all types of cooking surfaces on our list, from contact grills to panini presses to one that works right on your stovetop!
There are so many cooking options available on the market today, and reviews have so many good things to say about them, and the grills on this list can be found online!
You can be cooking like a pro in no time as soon as you get your new indoor grill!
According to our research and reviews, these are the 10 best indoor grills you can find!
1. The Hamilton Beach Electric Smokeless Indoor Searing Grill (Hamilton Beach 25361)- The Best for Small Spaces
Not everyone has a kitchen large enough to accommodate large appliances or a grill with a lot of grilling surface. For some, the more square inches of cooking area, the better. For others, a smaller grilling surface is more akin to what they need.
This Hamilton Beach electric indoor smokeless grill may seem tiny, but don’t let its size fool you for a second; this smokeless electric grill packs a powerful punch when it comes to flavor and cooking power and can easily keep up with its larger competition. The Hamilton Beach electric indoor searing grill provides a compact cooking surface that is ideal for apartments and small kitchens.
Hamilton Beach is known for its ability to produce an incredible indoor grill, and this one is no exception, based on its reviews.
- A lid with a viewing window- You don’t have to open the lid to monitor your food while grilling
- Easy to clean, removable non-stick grill plates
- Stainless steel
- An extra-large, dishwasher safe, removable drip tray
- A weight of only 8 pounds
- A reasonable price
- Adjustable temperature settings for accurate heat control
- A temperature range of 200 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
The Hamilton Beach electric indoor searing grill is the best choice for someone looking for serious indoor grilling power without sacrificing much space. Fish and other delicate food items should grill best on the lower heat setting of this indoor grill, while steak and other heartier food is going to grill best on its higher heat setting.
- Most of its removable pieces, including the non-stick grill plates, are dishwasher safe.
- The temperature options are easy to adjust, so you make sure that you are cooking your food at the most optimal temperature to get that flavor you really want.
- Being able to monitor what you’re grilling through the glass window in the locking lid means that the juices stay locked in, and your food won’t dry out because you had to remove the lid to check on the grilling process.
- This indoor electric grill is ideal for a smaller cooking space but is not recommended for those who plan to use it for cooking for large amounts of people.
If you want something that is compact, efficient and makes enough for just one or two, this easy to use smokeless indoor searing grill is the way to go if you listen to the reviews! Hamilton Beach makes some of the best indoor electric grills, so you are in very good hands when you select a grill from this line.
This Cuisinart Gr 4n indoor grill is more than just a grill. This grill and griddle combination is one of the most versatile electric grill tools available. This is the best grill for the person looking to get the most out of every meal every time they cook.
For people who like a lot of variety in what they cook day in and day out, this is definitely the grill to do that with.
This smokeless electric grill griddle comes with the option to be a contact grill, a panini press, a half grill, half griddle, a full grill, or a full griddle. As an indoor electric grill, you can cook anything you could ever think of and then some with this a grill and griddle all together. The Cuisinart Gr 4n 5 in 1 is all about versatility with respect to indoor grills, and the reviews are great!.
- A high capacity integrated drip tray
- Dual temperature control so you can set either side for a different type of food
- Stainless steel housing
- Multiple uses for multiple dishes to cook
- Easy to use
- Fully reversible and fully removable non-stick griddle and grill plates
With regards to temperature control, flexibility, and other indoor grills, Cuisinart Gr 4n 5 in 1 Griddler is among the best you can use for great versatility while you cook. This is one of the best smokeless grills for the person who wants as many options as they can possibly have when it comes to cooking. For the price of this grill, you get a whole lot of indoor grill that is unlike any of the other indoor grills on this list. Depending on what you tend to cook most, a contact grill may be the right grill for you, or the panini press might be right. With this indoor grill, you never know until you try! Having this indoor grill is like having five completely different cooking devices in your kitchen all at the same time!
- The drip tray is removable for easy cleaning
- Multiple configuration options
- 3 different methods of temperature control
- Dishwasher safe pieces
- Removable plates
- The contact grill feature allows you to heat food quickly and evenly
- Flat cooking surface and integrated removable drip tray don’t encourage easy draining to keep grease away from your food
George Foreman grills are a leading name in electric grills. The George Foreman indoor line includes everything from a panini press to portable cooking options.
A list of the top 10 best indoor cooking surfaces would not be complete without this electric indoor grill.
The George Foreman 4 serving removable plate grill is exceptional because of its removable plates that allow this indoor electric grill to safely go through your dishwasher and help you clean up the kitchen after cooking faster than ever before.
The George Foreman 4 Serving Removable Plate is among the best electric grills on the market if the reviews are to be believed. It is a competitor with other contact grills, open grills, any panini press, or even an outdoor grill.
- Contact grilling
- Grills best for beginners- No cooking lessons required!
- Median price point
- Removable and dishwasher safe plates for no-fuss cleaning
- Indicator lights o properly heat and time whatever you’re cooking
- Large cooking space- easily accommodates up to four servings
- Included drip tray
- The confidence creating George Foreman name
If your biggest requirement for the perfect electric grill is value for the price, then out of all other indoor grills, this is the one for you. For the price you pay, you get the George Foreman name, a product that grills best no matter what you're cooking, and still a significant amount of cooking space despite it being smaller than some of its other competitors on this list.
- As far as this list is concerned, this is the grill that has the best value for its price
- Removable and dishwasher safe grill plates mean easy cleanup
- Has the same fat and oil draining features you have come to expect from a George Foreman grill
- This does not grill best for large groups since it only supports four servings
- Requires an outlet no matter what you plan on cooking. This grill only turns on when plugged on and only shuts off when unplugged
The Delonghi BG24 Perfecto indoor grill is the best electric grill for the cook that likes to cook a lot of food and wants to be able to easily monitor its progress without removing the covering. With its tempered glass lid, this smokeless grill is among the larger models on this list that allows you to keep your food covered to lock in the juices that keep meat tender. The Delonghi BG24 Perfecto indoor grill is of a larger size and that makes this smokeless grill one of the best on the market for people looking to cook for a family. This smokeless indoor grill is the perfect addition to any family kitchen.
- An adjustable thermostat that can also be removed and used to monitor the temperature of your food
- A drip tray and grill plate that features a non-stick coating
- A tempered glass lid
- Capable of reaching 550 degrees Fahrenheit
- 192 square inches of cooking space
The Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill is the ideal smokeless indoor grill for families or for people who like to cook or grill a lot of food all at once. This is one of the best smokeless indoor grills for people who want to be able to monitor the cooking process every step of the way without having to sacrifice the juiciness of their food.
- The clear lid allows you to monitor your food as you grill it
- The glass lid helps distribute heat evenly for uniform grilling
- Cooks for many people at a time
- The non-stick cooking surface makes it easy to clean
- A huge cooking surface: 192 square inches!
- The non-stick coating on the drip tray and cooking surface wears away quicker than expected
- Pre-heating is required to use this electric indoor grill, and it can take a long time for it to reach the desired temperature
- The grill plate is embedded, which means it can’t be removed. This makes this the first smokeless grill on our list that does not have a dishwasher safe cooking surface
This indoor grilling machine can be placed on any flat surface, so when you’re ready to grill, you’re good to go! The Philips Smoke-less Indoor Bbq Grill is a high-quality device that can change the way you think about indoor cooking.
When you want food with the taste and smell of good old fashioned charcoal grilling, the Philips Smoke Less indoor Bbq grill is one of the best electric grills on the market for you! It even leaves hose signature grill marks on your food to boost the authentic charcoal grill experience!
- Infrared technology for even grilling no matter what you’re cooking
- A wide range of temperature settings
- Non-slip feet for easy control on any flat surface
- Your food can have that classic charcoal taste and feel without the drawbacks of giant clouds of smoke like with traditional gas grills or charcoal grills. This indoor grill even leaves genuine grill marks!
- An included drip tray
- Adjustable heat control
- Temperature controlled at an even 446 degrees Fahrenheit
The Philips Smoke Less indoor electric grill is perfect for anyone trying to capture that amazing grilling smell and taste of real charcoal without ever having to get your hands dirty. This is one of the best smokeless grills that works best in a more open space but still provides the results you want regardless of where you use it. If you like versatility with what you can grill indoors, make sure to check out the Philips Smoke Less Indoor Bbq Grill.
- Grill pre-heats quickly
- Infrared technology means constant heating
- Easy to set up and use
- Dishwasher safe grill plate makes it easy to clean
- Not as portable as some of its competitors
- The drip tray is shallow. Make sure to pay attention while cooking your food to avoid having the drip tray overflow
- It is more expensive when compared to other similar products
For the meat lover who finds that the average indoor grill can’t accommodate their favorite cut because it’s too thick, your days of disappointment are over!
The T-Fal GC702 Optigrill can easily handle those thicker cuts of meat and automatically adjusts the heat to the size to be sure it is cooked to perfection.
- Six settings: Burger, panini press, red meat, sausage, poultry, and fish
- A design that allows fat and grease to drain while cooking
- A manual mode for roasting vegetables
If you are looking for an indoor grill that can accommodate some of the thickest cuts of meat, then this grill belongs in your kitchen!
- The auto-adapt temperature feature makes sure that your meat is cooked right, whether you like it more well done or rarer
- Is more compact than some of its competitors, so it should fit into most kitchen spaces well
- An easy to hear timer alerts you when your food is finished cooking
- A handy indicator light lets you know when the grill is done pre-heating.
- The display can be a little confusing to read
What if your tastes lean toward something unique and non-electric when considering an indoor grill? Do you want something simple to use to grill for yourself? Something like a frying pan that produces perfectly grilled food? Something without an attached heating element so it can be cleaned like any other dish? Reviews indicate that this is the 2020 best grill for you!
This grilling pan is versatile and can make cooking anything from meat to vegetables a simple experience.
- A ring around the edge of the pan to catch drips
- A non-stick surface
- A two-year warranty
For the person looking for a unique, non-electric grill that still has the indoor cooking capacity of the other items on this list, the Chefmaster Stove Smokeless Grill is the best option for you.
- Iron plates mean it can be used on any possible stovetop
- Non-stick surfaces make it a breeze to clean
- The least expensive item on this list
- The two-year warranty means that you can feel safe using this grill knowing that its distributor has your back if something is wrong with it
- The iron plates take a long time to cool down after using, delaying cleaning and storing the item
The term Gotham Steel summons up heroic images that make you think that this grill griddle combo is invincible and indestructible. For the most part, it is. Although, we do think that only putting the approved parts of it through a cycle in the dishwasher is recommended. The Gotham Steel smokeless indoor grill features a ceramic nonstick coating that makes cleaning a breeze.
- A removable grease catcher
- A temperature control dial with 4 heat settings
- A coating that uses titanium melded with ceramic to create a singular nonstick coating
- A griddle insert
- A carrying handle
- A detachable power cord
As it summons heroic images to mind, this smokeless indoor grill packs a mighty punch when it comes to what it can do. You can have the power to cook anything you can think of with this electric smokeless grill. This is the best grill to feature such a unique nonstick coating, and that's what makes it the best cooking surface of its kind.
- Disassembles for easy care and cleaning
- Non-stick coating
- Dishwasher safe parts
- The included drip pan is also ceramic coated
- The detachable power cable is not very long, so you are limited to the different places you can use it
This the best indoor grill for someone looking for something easy to use and simple to understand. The Zojirushi Indoor Electric Grill is the best grill for anyone who wants the most straightforward cooking experience. This die-cast aluminum electric power smokeless grill is the best choice for simplicity without having to compromise in features.
- Die-cast aluminum construction
- A unique design that drains oil and fat as food is cooking
- Cool-touch handles
- Temperature control knob for heat management
If you are looking for something that grills best under simple, no-fuss conditions, then this is the grill for you. It may not come with multiple attachments for multiple functions, but it grills extremely well. You have total control without a bunch of hard to use features getting in the way.
- Grill pan for drips is dishwasher safe
- Non-stick surfaces
- Simple to use
- Drains oil and fat while cooking food
- Can be cooking up to four servings at a time
- Higher price than some of its competitors
- No power button- this grill must be plugged in to be used and unplugged to be shut off
There is a grill on the market that combines some of the best features of the other grills on this list and combines them into a single device, The Power XL Smokeless.
This device can do it all; grill something as delicate as salmon or sear something as tough as steak and even cook burgers!
The combination of its general performance, it’s selling price, and its ease of use are what make this product the best on this list overall.
- Touchpad controls
- Multiple switchable cooking surfaces
- A large grease tray
At a glance
- Dishwasher safe parts and accessories
- Reasonable price
- Simple to use
- There is no carrying handle- wait until this unit cools down before moving!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Clean My Grill?
Since there are many different types of grills on this list, there is more than one answer to this question.
The general guidelines that can apply to every grill on this list are:
- Be sure the grill has cooled down before attempting to clean it. Give it about 45 minutes to cool down, so you don’t burn yourself trying to clean up
- Some types of food can leave behind residue. If there is a lot of cooked-on food, use a wooden or plastic spatula to scrape it off.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive chemicals or any cleaners with alcohol to clean any of the parts. Products like this can damage the finish of your cooking surface and shorten the life of your grill
If your grill comes with parts that are safe to put in the dishwasher, read the instructions carefully, and make sure you only machine wash the parts that are meant to be passed as such.
If your grill does not have dishwasher safe parts, use a soft cloth with warm water and soap, making sure not to completely submerge any parts of the grill into the water.
Where Can I Find These Grills?
Most can be found online where you can also check out some of the reviews we used to create this list of the 10 best indoor grill forerunners.
How Do I Know Which Is the Best Grill for Me?
Picking the best grill for your needs depends on a lot of factors like price, personal needs, what types of food you plan to cook on it, and which included features are the most important to you.
What Can I Cook on These Grills?
That depends a great deal upon the grill itself. Some of these grills go to very high temperatures and some can accommodate lower ones. The higher the temperature, the less delicate the food should be. Lower temperatures are more ideal for things like fish and chicken while higher heats are intended for burgers and steaks.back to menu ↑
There are so many options to choose from when selecting a new grill and we know the process can be overwhelming if you don’t know exactly what you want. The whole point of this list is to help you overcome being overwhelmed so that you can enjoy the process of shopping for your new grill!
We hope this list helps you find the best indoor grill you can possibly get! May you and your kitchen have a wonderful time with your new indoor grill!