So, you’re in the market for the best grill and smoker combo. You have decided that you want smoking and grilling features in one unit instead of many. Being a discerning shopper, you want the best of any of the smoker grill combos available for purchase. But what makes one of these units the best?
Is it cooking power per square inch? It is the ability to use charcoal, gas, and electric power all in the same unit? Is the best smoker grill for you going to include an offset smoker and sear box?
All of that is up to you to decide, but with an overwhelming amount of options, it can be difficult to pick the best grill or the best smoker that is going to grill best under any circumstance.
Since a grill and smoker can be combined into one convenient cooking device, there is no longer any need to worry about wanting a charcoal grill, or any other kind of grill and smoker separately.
Since these combo units are so simple to use and produce such unique and wonderful flavors, it stands to reason that anyone would want to bring one home.
Short on Time? Here Are Our Top 3 Smoker Grills
Z Grills Wood Pellet Smoker Best Overall
Oklahoma Joe Best Three-Chamber
Char-griller AKORN Jr Best Kamado
What Should You Look for in a Smoker Grill?
When selecting your new smoker grill, there are many features to look for, and they all vary on what you plan to use it for. What kind of heating element or fuel are you most comfortable using? How big of a cooking area do you need? What kind of different foods do you plan to be cooking? What kind of reviews does it have online? How important are easy to clean cooking surfaces? Does it have a sear box or an offset smoker feature?
Once you then factor in what you’re prepared to pay for your new smoker grill and where you plan to use it most, it is time to start checking the internet for the smoker grill combo that matches up the closest with what you have decided you want most.
But how to sort through a sea of reviews and tell which ones are reliable based on the specs provided by the makers of the grills themselves?
We have taken it upon ourselves to sift through some of these reviews and specs to make the selection process easy for you!back to menu ↑
The Best Smoker Grills on the Market
To create a list of the best smoker grills you can get, we have compiled information from all over the internet, sorted through endless reviews of said smoker grills, and found the 10 best smoker grill combos on the market today.
We are so pleased to bring you this list of incredible smoker grills, according to reviewers and the manufacturers themselves.
We have included all types of cooking surfaces on our list, from charcoal combos to ones with offset smoker capabilities and a sear box.
There are so many cooking options available on the market today, and reviews have so many good things to say about them, and most of the grills on this list can be found online!
According to our research and reviews, these are the top 10 smoker grills available for you to purchase!back to menu ↑
|Smoker Grills||Cooking Space||Weight||Dimensions||Review|
|Z Grills Wood Pellet Smoker – Best Overall||513 sq in||112 pounds||51.2 x 22.5 x 48.4 inches||Check Price|
|Oklahoma Joe – The Best Three-Chamber||750 sq in||92 kg 800 g||80 x 188 x 128.5 Centimeters||Check Price|
|Char-griller AKORN Jr – The Best Kamado||153 sq in||38.5lbs||19×21.5×25.30||Check Price|
|Classic Pit Barrel Cooker – Best Charcoal Grill and Smoker||31 sq in||57 Pounds||21 x 21 x 31.1 inches||Check Price|
|Camp Chef Woodwind – Best Smart Smoker Grill||382 sq in||162 Pounds||30 x 48 x 49 inches||Check Price|
|Char Broil The Big Easy – Best Propane Grill and Smoker Combo||180 sq in||22.68 Pounds||23.1 x 23.4 x 36.2 inches||Check Price|
|REC TEC – Best Pellet Smoker Grill Combo||702 sq in||84 Pounds||45 x 28 x 49 inches||Check Price|
|Pit Boss – Best for versatility||2127 sq in||63.96 Kilograms||123.19 x 76.2 x 58.42 cm||Check Price|
|Green Mountain – Best for Features||458 sq in||155 LBS||51”H x 56”W x 24”D||Check Price|
|NOMAD – Best for small spaces||425 sq in||31 pounds||20.1 x 13.5 x 9.5 cm||Check Price|
The 10 Best Smoker Grill Combos
Now that you know what you’re in for with this list, without any further ado, here is some more specific information about each of these combo grills to help you start to decide!
The best unit overall when it comes to all the considerable features this list recognizes is the Z Grills Wood Pellet Smoker. When it comes to a grill smoker combo, this one combines features like price, ease of operation, quality, and size into one neat package. With the Z Grills Wood pellet grill and smoker, you have the ability to BBQ, braise, roast, bake, smoke, and grill all in one place!
- A temperature range of 180 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- A main rack with 513 square inches of cooking space
- A warming rack with 187 square inches of cooking space
- A three-year warranty
- Included storage
The Z Grills wood pellet grill smoker is a unit that provides flexibility, a budget-friendly price, ease of use, and heavy-duty construction for long-lasting ownership. The convenient warming rack can handle keeping your food warm and juicy even if it's not quite ready to be served. A heavy-duty grill like this tops our list as the best combo grill overall because it has so many desirable features all in one place. A 513 square inch cooking space means that you can cook for a small family with ease!
- A wide temperature range means you can successfully cook just about anything with it
- With the easy to use temperature controls, you can set it and forget it; making cooking easier than ever before
- Run 100% on wood pellets to get that rich, smoky flavor
- The warming rack means that your food won’t get cold while it waits to be served
- The unit itself is very large, so you need to make sure you have space to safely store it.
Oklahoma Joe s charcoal lp gas smoker is just the thing for people who want a lot of cooking space that is easy to clean when the cooking is done. Oklahoma Joe s charcoal lp grill and smoker combo is versatile, sturdy, and trustworthy. No matter what you’re cooking, Oklahoma Joe s charcoal smoker is the smoker grill combo to get the job done.
- 750 square inches of cooking space on its primary cooking area
- A professional-grade temperature gauge for spot-on monitoring in all chambers
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates
- Heavy-gauge stainless steel construction
- Multiple dampers for smoke and temperature control
- A storage shelf for extra fuel and utensils
This lp gas smoker combo combines the best features of a gas grill with the best charcoal features and leaves you with a one-of-a-kind piece of machinery that promises to leave you in awe. Oklahoma Joe isn't playing around when it comes to producing quality smoker grill combos. Having a lot of options no longer means owning multiple cooking devices. You can get it all with this amazing Oklahoma Joe product!
- Sturdy steel construction means that it is built to last
- Handles stay cool to touch
- Large cooking surface allows for versatility in whatever you cook
- Not the easiest to move from place to place
If you want a kamado-style smoker but don’t want to sacrifice grilling options for one, the Char griller AKORN might be the grill you’re looking for.
With this Char-Griller grill and smoker combo, you get so much more than just a grill.
Some people say that the best grill is a kamado-style one, so you get a reliable grill backed by reviews as well as s smoker in one of the best types of grill products.
- 153 square inches of cooking surface
- Compact and portable
- Triple-walled steel composition
- A hinged lid
- An easy to read temperature gauge
- An ash pan that is easy to dump when it’s time for cleanup
This classic kamado-style smoker grill combo has everything you need to smoke and grill all in the same place. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and easy to love! The Char griller is sure to change your mind about everything you already know about cooking with a grill smoker combo.
- Being compact and portable means you can grill from anywhere you want
- Cast iron cooking grates are sturdy and easy to clean
- The hinged lid makes it easy to check on your food as it cooks
- The temperature gauge is easy to decipher, so you never have to guess if your food is cooking at the right heat
- It is not as large as some of its competitors. This is not recommended for serving large groups of people
This Pit Barrell Cooker is the best grill for anyone who wants the ability to combine two of the most classic barbecue tastes together. Charcoal and Smoke are two of the richest flavors in the grilling world, so it makes sense to be able to own a grill and smoker combo that allows you to get the best of both worlds! The Pit Barrel Cooker is just the thing to bring together two classics in an easy to use. This offset smoker can handle up to eight racks of ribs at once with its unique vertical cooking capabilities!
- Compact and ultra-portable
- Two hanging rods
- Eight stainless steel hooks
- A standard grill grate
- A charcoal basket
- A hook remover tool
- Enough space for up to eight racks of ribs
- Offset smoker options
- The Pit barrel cooker offers the ability to cook vertically
This Pit Barrel Cooker is the smoker grill combo of your dreams. One handy device combines the best aspects of a charcoal grill and a smoker and puts them together in a sturdy stainless steel housing. The charcoal smoker you see here is sure to get you excited to use nothing but a combo grill as long as you plan to grill and smoke! Consider the Pit Barrel Cooker if you want to experience the unique vertical smoker grill combo experience. The results may surprise you!
- Easy portability means you can take it anywhere
- Built to last
- Simple to use
- Not a lot of surface space on cooking grates to grill traditionally. This is primarily a vertical-cooking smoking tool with grilling capabilities
If you are looking for a smoker that is smarter than all the rest and automates so much of the smoking process for you, this Camp Chef Woodwind is a perfect option for you to consider.
This is possibly the best pellet grill and smoker available, and it even comes with an app that makes it even easier to use!
This grill smoker combo may look small to the naked eye, but it has an impressively sized cooking area. It comes with a tell-all app that allows you to control the temperature at the touch of a button, or in this case, the tap of an app.
This smoker can connect to wi-fi to work with the app. The app can tell you everything from the current temperature to when to flip or remove the meat from the heat.
- Large cooking surface
- Great value- the price point on this smoker is lower than what you might expect
- Automatic temperature control
- Median price
- Automatic pellet feed- This smoker senses when the temperature is fluctuating and automatically adds more pellets to maintain the heat, but stops on its own when the temperature regulates.
- An accompanying app
If you want the peace of mind of knowing that you have a lot of help from your smoker grill, or if you wish to have the latest in smart technology and wi-fi connectivity when it comes to choosing your new smoker grill, the Camp Chef Woodwind might be right up your alley. This is truly a set it and forget it electric smoker grill. The Camp Chef is an astounding piece of technology that combines, technology, grill, and smoker. If you want a smoker grill that feels like it's from the 22nd century, you should try the Woodwind Camp Chef.
- Automatic controls mean there’s less guesswork for you
- Wi-fi capabilities mean that you don’t have to drain your data plan to use it or the app
- This is the best pellet smoker for someone just starting out since it monitors so much for you
- Automatic pellet feed is great for the first time smoker that doesn’t know how much to use
- Large cooking space means you can serve large groups of people!
- Since it’s fully automated, it requires a ton of power. Make sure you have ample access to electricity or a large power source when using this grill and smoker
If you love the quality of food that you can get from a traditional gas grill, but you still want to be able to smoke your meats, you can now do both on the Char-Broil The Big Easy Tru Infrared smoker roaster grill. The Big Easy Tru Infrared smoker combines everything you love about gas grills and smokers. The Tru Infrared smoker roaster grill can handle anything you can throw at it, cook it evenly, and have it come out tasting incredible!
- The ability to smoke, roast, and grill all in one unit
- 180 square inches of space to cook
- Can roast up to 25 pounds of meat at a time
- Infrared technology
- an Included roasting basket
- Stainless steel housing
If you are looking the best smoker grill combo that combines everything you love about gas grills and everything you love about a smoker, then this Char-Broil gas smoker combo might be just what you're looking for. The Char-Broil 'Big Easy' is aptly named since it makes managing a smoker grill combo easier than you would have ever believed possible.
- Infrared technology means that your food stays juicy and be cooked evenly
- Char-broil products are known for reliability
- Can roast a lot of meat at one time
- Reviews have reported that the propane connection can be tricky to secure properly
The next pellet grill smoker on our list is from REC TEC. REC TEC has produced an incredible wood pellet grill smoker. This is the best smoker grill combo for people wishing to be able to use a pellet grill but still have the option to use a smoker. If you are looking for a smoker grill combo that allows you to mix flavors of wood pellets for a one-of-a-kind taste and smell, this is the grill smoker combo for you!
- A fully integrated digital controller for temperature
- An easy release pellet hopper
- Porcelain enamel-finished steel body
- Convection cooking options
- A 40-pound capacity pellet holder
- A temperature range of 180 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- An internal light for using this smoker grill combo at night
- The pellet hopper has a divider so you can mix and match wood pellet flavors and create unique combinations
- Stainless steel parts
This smoker grill combo is nothing short of incredible and the absolute best smoker grill combo for anyone to use! If you are considering a wood pellet grill smoker and want a large amount of cooking space, this heavy-duty unit is the best smoker grill combo for you!
- Handy light means using your grill combo at night has never been so convenient
- The easy release pellet holder means you don’t have to struggle to keep the heat fed
- Creativity is encouraged by the multi-flavor pellet hopper
- The large cooking space encourages large groups
- Reviews have reported this unit to be bulky and not as easy to move into cooking position as some of the other smoker grill combo units on this list
The Pit Boss 4 in 1 is a versatile, electric, gas and charcoal grill all in one neat package. With 2127 square inches of cooking surface in total, this gargantuan combo has more cooking power per square inch than you would ever believe. This combo grill combines everything you love about a charcoal grill, a gas grill, an electric grill, and a smoker, which is what makes it a 4 in 1. The Pit Boss is ready to be your new favorite way to get cooking!
- This smoker grill combo can accommodate up to six different position options for its cooking grates
- Easy temperature control
- Integrated storage
- A one-year warranty
If you want the best combo grill that combines everything you love about a charcoal grill, gas grill and electric grill, you have no further to look than the Pit Boss. It has everything you could ever want in a combo grill, and you are sure to be satisfied.
- The different grate position options mean you can keep whatever you’re cooking as close to or as far away from the heat source as you want, offering you total control
- A massive cooking area means your next cookout is sure to go off without a hitch
- Integrated storage keeps all parts and accessories together and easy to find
- Can be used as an offset smoker
- Primarily intended for grilling with a smoking option; not the best for someone wanting to primarily smoke
If you want the most out of your pellet grill and smoker, look no further than the Green Mountain Daniel Boone Grill. This incredible machine boasts 458 square inches of cooking surface and is among the best smokers available for your money. You can grill and smoke at the same time with this incredible work of engineering.
Other charcoal grill competitors and electric smokers seem like a thing of the past when you feast your eyes on this incredible grill and smoker, and you see how easy it is to maintain a low and slow cook on the best smoker grill that Green Mountain has to offer. This device offers you all the classic taste of a charcoal grill with the ease of use you have come to expect from the 21st century. The Daniel Boone has everything you could want in a smoker grill combo, and it’s not very hard to see why!
- A front shelf that collapses in when not in use
- An interior grill light
- reinforced cooking grates
- High quality steel construction; solid build quality!
- The ability to mount a rotisserie spit
- Grill window to check on your food without having to open the lid
- Window in the pellet box to easily check your pellet levels
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Smart Control app allows you temperature control over everything you cook
- Dual meat temperature probes
In terms of pellet grills and electric smokers, the Green Mountain Daniel Boone can't be beaten for features, size, price, and ease of use. Your meat should come out juicy, smoky, and perfect every time since you don't need to open the lid mid-cook to monitor. Since it has so many monitoring capabilities, there should be no problem cooking your meat low and slow all day and well into the evening without having to worry about not catching fluctuations in temperature and not ending up with what you had hoped for.
- Interior grill light and grill window allow you to monitor food without lifting the lid and allowing juices to escape.
- Dual meat temperature probes allow you to monitor the temperature of your food as it simultaneously grills and smokes
- Smart Control app allows you to monitor and adjust smoking and grilling temperatures from your seat in an increment of five degrees at a time.
- Wi-fi connectivity allows you to make use of the app without draining your data plan
- The large cooking area makes it easy to feed large groups of people at one time, perfect for parties!
- While you get so much for your money, this grill and smoker is among the more expensive models on the market
- Smart technology is not always the best for everyone to use. Some of the advanced smart features may not be compatible with every user. Only consider this unit if you feel up to the task of managing your cooking through the app.
Everything you make is going to be so good; a line should form beside this grill and smoker for everyone to get their hands on some of what’s cooking! People can even line up for seconds with its 458 square inches of space for food.
Having a full-sized smoker grill is exciting, but trying to find a place to keep it when not in use is less exciting for some users. Not everyone who wants to take up smoking has a shed or large garage to store a massive smoker and grill combo conveniently.
This is where the NOMAD comes in. This little smoker packs a mean punch in the flavor department and isn’t much bigger than a standard briefcase. Gone are the days of trying to figure out where to store a massive smoker grill combo with this tiny model.
- Multi-layer cast-aluminum construction
- Fully portable with a unique carrying handle
- Magnetic vent sliders for easy cleaning
- 425 inches square of available space to cook food
Don't be fooled by its size; the NOMAD is capable of producing huge flavor just as well as its full-sized competitors without the hassle of trying to find a large enough area to store it when not in use. It is well-made and produces incredible meals with each use. Since not everyone can accommodate a full-sized, massive combo cooker, this option is perfect for apartment-dwellers, people without a shed or garage or people with a small space in which to cook.
- The multi-layer construction keeps the outer layers cool enough to be set on nearly any standard surface
- Its portability makes it perfect for back yards, patios, beach days, camping, fishing, hunting, or tailgating
- The magnetic vent sliders are perfect for airflow control and the containment of ash
- Can be stored just about anywhere with its compact size and minimal weight
- It has been reported that this is not the easier smoker to clean
- Not necessarily the best option for someone looking to cook for more than four people at the most
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know Which Is the Right Smoker Grill to Use?
Picking the best smoker grill for your needs depends on a lot of factors like price, personal needs, what types of food you plan to cook on it, and which included features are the most important to you. The best grill for you can be determined once you figure out what features you need and which grill on the market matches those needs the best.
Be sure to consider each of these factors, or a combination of factors, before making your purchase. If you only want what’s best, it’s always a good idea to shop around first before making a big purchase; sometimes literally with the sizes of some of these units!
What Can I Cook on Cookers Like This?
It depends a great deal on the food you are cooking. The higher the temperature, the less delicate the food should be. Lower temperatures are more ideal for things like fish and chicken, while higher heats are intended for burgers and steaks. What you can cook depends on what kind of range temperatures the grill has.
Take a look at the temperature ranges on these cookers when using them to make sure you are cooking to the best of the grill’s ability.
What Kind of Fuel Do These Smoker Grills Use?
They use charcoal, gas, electricity, or wood pellets. Some of these models even use multiple fuel sources, although it’s best to check that you are using it properly before trying to combine the use of features.
Can I Use the Grilling and Smoking Features at the Same Time?
It all depends on which option you choose. Some are capable of doing both at once, but some don’t advise this as the best course of action. Be sure to always read the instructions carefully on your new smoker grill combo before using it for the first time.
Are These Smoker Grills Dishwasher Safe?
Obviously, when choosing your new smoker grill, you don’t want to pick something based on how difficult it is to keep clean. Dishwasher safe parts are all the rage for the chef who doesn’t want a big fuss when it comes to cleaning up.
What parts are dishwasher safe vary from model to model. For most, the removable grates may be safe to run through a dishwasher, but this doesn’t apply to every model, and it is very important to read through the manual thoroughly before putting any part of your smoker grill through the dishwasher.
If It Isn’t Dishwasher Safe, How Do I Clean It?
Since there are many different types of grills on this list, there is more than one answer to this question.
The general guidelines that can apply to every grill on this list are:
- Be sure the grill has cooled down before attempting to clean it. Give it about 45 minutes to cool down, so you don’t burn yourself trying to clean up
- Some types of food can leave behind residue. If there is a lot of cooked-on food, use a wooden or plastic spatula to scrape it off.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive chemicals or any cleaners with alcohol to clean any of the parts. Products like this can damage the finish of your cooking surface and shorten the life of your grill. If your surfaces are designed to be non-stick, an abrasive cleaner can ruin that finish and make cooking more difficult going forward
If your grill does not have dishwasher safe parts, use a soft cloth with warm water and soap, making sure not to completely submerge any parts of the grill into the water. Submerging parts that are not meant for submersion can cause irreparable damage to the parts that can be costly to be fixed if it can be fixed at all.
Clean your unit carefully if you want to be sure to have it and keep it in good shape for as long as possible.back to menu ↑
Smoker grill combos are an innovative new way to cookout and seal in amazing flavors and moisture for a dining experience that is out of this world.
Choosing the best smoker grill may seem intimidating at first, which is why we hope this list can be helpful in getting you started. It doesn’t matter if you think that charcoal, gas, or electric power is going to grill best, you can easily find the right power combo with the exact cooking power per square inch that you need to make your next barbecue a huge success!